Dorr Township Library's Internet Access Policy
Patron Access to the Internet
Integral to the Mission of the Library is the provision of meeting the informational needs of the diverse population of Dorr Township. The Library endeavors to develop collections, resources, and services to meet these needs. It is within this context that the Dorr Township Library offers access to the Internet.
- Internet Use will be facilitated and timed thru ProInfo PC Cop. The Dorr Township Library’s Guidelines for Internet Use Policy is displayed on the login page and must be read and accepted in order to access the Internet. Special Internet Use Cards may be issued to visitors to our community.
- The Library’s patrons access the Internet, which is a global entity with a highly diverse user population, at their own risk. As with other Library materials, it is the parent or legal guardian of minor children who must assume ultimate responsibility for supervising access to Internet resources at the Library.
- The Internet access computer(s) will be used for educational and informational purposes only, not for unauthorized, illegal or unethical purposes. You may not send, receive, or display text or graphics that may reasonably be construed as obscene.
- You may not modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others; seek unauthorized access to any computer system, or damage or alter software components of any network or database.
- No user under 18 years of age may access or participate in social networking, chat rooms or instant messaging. Adults may request the staff to override the social networking, chat room and instant messaging block.
· The Library does not control the availability of information links, which change rapidly. Not all sources on the Internet provide accurate, complete or current information.
You may not save/store any files on the Library’s computer hard drives. Patrons may not access or open any files and/or programs which are not available through the present desktop.
Library Staff Assistance
Patrons must be able to navigate the Internet unassisted. Library staff cannot provide training on the Internet, but may be able to offer searching suggestions or answer simple questions, based on staff availability.
Given the community’s concern for the protection of minors while accessing the Internet, and in order to be in compliance with CIPA/NCIPA requirements, the Dorr Township Library shall install and activate Internet filtering software on all computers within the library that have the ability to log on to the Internet. Adults (those over the age of 18) may request that this filtering software be deactivated during their use of the Internet. The Internet filtering software will be in addition to our previously established policy for Internet use. Approved 9/12/2001
Printing costs are $ .10 per sheet Black/White and $.25 per sheet Color. This cost applies whether the library’s paper is used or a patron brings in his or her own paper. Print jobs will collect in a queue and be sent to the printer once they are paid for.