August 11 Minutes
DORR TOWNSHIP LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Dorr Township Library
Date: August 11, 2014
Meeting was called to order at 6:35pm by Peggy Otto, Vice President.
Affirmation of Vice President’s Move to President: Gibson moved to affirm Peggy Otto as President, seconded by Reece. All yes, motioned carried.
Vote for new Vice-President: Gibson was nominated for Vice-President. Motioned made by Huizinga, seconded by Reece. All yes, motioned carried.
Roll Call: Present- Tara Reece, Ken Huizinga, Peggy Otto, Louis Harnish, Barbara Gibson. Absent- None. Natalie Bazan, Library Director, was also present. Three visitors.
Approval of the Agenda: Reece motioned to approve the agenda; seconded by Gibson. All yes, motioned carried.
Approval of the Minutes: Motioned to approve the July 2014 Minutes by Gibson, seconded by Otto. All yes, motioned carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Otto motioned to receive and file the July 2014 Treasurer’s report, seconded by Reece. All yes, motioned carried. Huizinga motioned, Gibson seconded to pay the current credit card bill in the amount of $2161.09. All yes, motioned carried.
Public Comment: Comments from the public were heard.
Director’s Report: Bazan provided information about library programming and events during the preceding month and upcoming events. She also provided reports on meetings attended, grant applications, building issues, and ongoing library functioning. In July circulated more than 4000 items and 38 new patron registrations.
Township Board Meeting: The next meeting is August 25, 2014. Otto will attend this meeting. Bazan attended the previous meeting and provided three minutes of information about library functioning.
Committee Reports: A staff meeting will be held on August 23, 2014.Gibson, Vice-President, will attend this staff meeting.
- Teen Room Bid: Received bids for the renovation of the computer room to accommodate teen room. Reece motioned to approve up to $500.00 for renovation of teen room, seconded by Huizinga. All yes, motioned carried.
- Carpet Bids: Reviewed bids for replacement of carpet in the main area. Bids ranged from 10000-23000 not including movement of shelving. Decided to schedule a meeting with the Township Supervisor to discuss options for funding this maintenance.
- New Policy Manual: Discussed items 1, 2, 3, 4 and 10 of the proposed revised Dorr Township Library Policy Manual.
- Insurance: Revised the possibility of group insurance for employees. Would like to see quotes for different options for health insurance to explore as possible options for employees
- Copy Machine Bids: Bazan presented bids for copier costs. Applied Imaging recommended switching to a different machine and plan to improve functionality, services, and substantially less cost per month. Reece motioned to switch to the new machine and plan, seconded by Gibson, all yes. Motioned carried.
1. Open Trustee Position Interviews: Conducted interviews with three potential new Board members. One candidate could not attend due to a medical situation.
2. Appointment of new board member: Otto nominated Rachel Vote to be appointed to the open Board position, seconded by Reece. All yes, motioned carried. Otto will contact her to let her know, as well as the other applicants.
Adjournment: Reece motioned, Otto seconded to adjourn at 8:30pm. All yes.
Next regular meeting: September 8, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at the library.
Submitted by Tara Cornelius Reece.