June 9 Minutes
DORR TOWNSHIP LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Dorr Township Library
Date: June 9, 2014
Meeting was called to order at 6>35pm by Pat Moore, President.
Roll Call: Present- Pat Moore, Tara Reece, Ken Huizinga, Peggy Otto, Louis Harnish, Barbara Gibson. Absent- None. Natalie Bazan, Library Director, was also present. 0 visitors.
Approval of the Agenda: Moore motioned to amend the agenda under New Business to include Resignation of Moore, seconded by Otto. Reece motioned to approve the amended agenda; seconded by Gibson. All yes, motioned carried.
Approval of the Minutes: Motioned to approve the May 2014 Minutes by Gibson, seconded by Moore. All yes, motioned carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Reece motioned to receive and file the May 2014 Treasurer’s report, seconded by Huizinga. All yes, motioned carried. Gibson motioned, Moore seconded to pay the current credit card bill in the amount of $1238.36. All yes, motioned carried.
Public Comment: None.
Director’s Report: Bazan provided information about library programming and events during the preceding month and upcoming events. She also provided reports on meetings attended, grant applications, building issues, and ongoing library functioning.
Township Board Meeting: The next meeting is June 23, 2014. Otto will attend this meeting. Bazan attended the previous meeting and provided three minutes of information about library functioning.
Committee Reports: None.
1. New Michigan Minimum Wage: In September 2014 we will need to administer our raise to meet the new Michigan Minimum Wage law. Five of our employees will be raised to $8.15 to meet this requirement. For the current fiscal year we should be on budget for payroll but we will need to reevaluate in subsequent years.
2. Copier Lease Option: The current contract on our copier runs about $300.00 a month. There is a new bid for increased copies at less cost for a new lease with a different company. Bazan would like to talk to the current company with regard to renegotiating the current contract at a better rate.
3. Screen Repair: The projection screen needs to be repaired because it will not retract. Bazan found a repair company that will look at it at their location.
4. Employee Health Care Options: Discussed the possibility of considering health care provided for our employees. Discussed the benefits and limitations of this option. There was no motion or decision on this issue.
5. Carpet Square Options: Discussed options for replacing worn carpet in the main section of the library. Bazan had secured a few quotes for replacing portions of the library carpeting. Identified several carpet squares that have potential and Bazan will price out.
6. Computer Room: Discussed reorganization of computer room to provide a space for teens and children.
7. Patty Moore Resignation: Moore has decided to pursue other interests and will need to regretfully resign from her position on the Dorr Township Library Board effective July 31, 2014.
Adjournment: Moore motioned, Otto seconded to adjourn at 7:52pm. All yes.
Next regular meeting: July 14, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at the library.
Submitted by Tara Cornelius Reece.